Pharmacists are vital for the primary health care system all around the world. The minimum requirement to become a registered pharmacist in India is Diploma in pharmacy (D.Pharma). The pharmaceutical industry is recession-proof and as the population of the aged increases, the demand for new generation drugs and formulations will continue to expand. The export market also offers cost-effective Indian drug manufacturers the best prospect for rapid expansion and higher profits.
To Meet the Market demand for qualified Pharmacy Professionals Amrapali Group of Institutions under its flagship started AICTE, PCI & BTE approved D. Pharm and B Pharm courses from 2019.
It is four years undergraduate degree course in the pharma field. After the completion of this degree, the students can practice as a Pharmacist. Pharmacists can work in a range of industries related to the manufacture, marketing, testing of medicine, cosmetics, nutraceuticals and also in Government sector as Drug Inspector, hospital Pharmacist etc.
In India after Bpharm Opportunties can be discussed under four heads.
- Scope of B. Pharmacy in government sector.
- Scope of B. Pharmacy in private sector.
- Self Employment Opportunities.
- Opportunities after Higher Education.
- Drug Inspector
- Pharmacist: Pharmacist Employed on permanent basis in Central Government Hospitals like ESIC and AIIMS, Railways, and States Like Delhi withdraw respectable Salary.
- Pharmaceutical Marketing: marketing of pharmaceutical products and medical devices as Medical Representatives (MR).
- Pharmaceutical Production: Pharmaceutical, cosmetics, nutraceutical , ayurvedic, medical devices manufacturing Units employ B.Pharm to look after the daily operations and quality of formulations
- Clinical research: Recently, Clinical research has also open its door for B.Pharm graduates as medical underwriter, CRO, data validation associate, clinical research associate etc.
- Quality control: Along with private, some government jobs like government analysis is associated with it.
- Pharmcovigilance: Pharmacovigilance is the pharm sciences relating to the detection, assessment, understanding and prevention of adverse effects, particularly long term and short term side effects of the therapeutic drugs, devices and biologics.
Few companies involved in this are NOVARTIS, PARAXEL, DR REDDY'S, AUROBINDO, VIMTA LABS, MEDHIMALAYAS, QUINTILES, SYNOWLEDGE PV SERVICES, BIOCON, ACCENTURE, ASTRAZENECA, HCL, OMNICARE CLINICAL RESEARCH, ECRON ACUNOVA, COGNIZANT, TCS.
- Drug Regulatory Affairs: Regulatory affairs officers ensure that products such as cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and veterinary medicines meet legislative / legal requirements.
- Self Employment Opportunities or Entrepreneurship: An aspirant of a highly bright future can enter through various openings like starting an own retail or wholesale drug store or become a professional entrepreneur.
- For Higher studies: After a B.Pharm in pharmacy students can also go for higher studies like M.Pharm, MBA. or PhD for job in research laboratory and academics.
There are number of career oppurtunities for graduates in Pharmacy.
The course for B. Pharm shall extend over 4 years along with inbuilt industrial training and hospital training.
A student is expected to attend at least 75 % of total attendance for each subject, in the absence of which he/she will not be eligible to appear the exam for that subject as per PCI and UTU norms.
>> 10+2 with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the subjects: Mathematics / Biology.
>> Admission to Pharma, 2nd Year is based on the inter-se merit of Uttarakhand State Entrance Examination (UKSEE) conducted by Uttarakhand Technical University on the month of April-June, along with the following minimum eligibility criteria.
Pass in Diploma (Pharmacy) (2 years after 10+2) or equivalent (Diploma should be recognized by PCI)
D. Pharm graduates will be admitted directly to second year of B. Pharm program by exempting all courses of B. Pharm first year.
A pass in D. Pharm. course from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India under section 12 of the Pharmacy Act.
It is two years course intended to train students to produce clinical pharmacists who play a vital role in our healthcare system especially in community pharmacy of hospitals and nursing homes.
The program holds good value in the Community Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Industry, Pharmacy Shops and hospitals.
Diverse job opportunities in Government and private sector are available for the Diploma in Pharmacy certificate holders.
- Pharmacists in drug stores in Government hospitals, private hospitals, clinics, community health centers or private drug stores.
- Retail Pharmacy in various government departments like Defense, Railways etc.
- Be entrepreneur and start their own retail drug store.
- Pharmaceutical companies at manufacturing, process control, quality control and marketing warehouse management.
- Medical representative.
- Higher studies (B Pharm, Pharm D, M.Pharm. etc)
The course for D. Pharm shall extend over 2 years consisting of two years, along with inbuilt industrial/ community pharmacy/ hospital training.
A student is expected to attend at least 75% of total attendance for each subject, in the absence of which he/she will not be eligible to appear the exam for that subject as per PCI and BTE norms. A student is required to monitor his/ her own attendance and no separate notice will be displayed.
Minimum Qualification Required: 10+2 (Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics/ Biology Minimum Marks Required: Pass in Class 12 Exams.
Click to download...
Department of Pharmacy, Amrapali group of institutions is approved from A.I.C.T.E., New Delhi,Govt. of India, and also from the Government of Uttarakhand.
Pharmacy Council of India Approval
Department of Pharmacy) Amrapali group of institutions is approved from PCI, New Delhi.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) course at Department of Pharmacy Amrapali group of institutions is affiliated to Uttarakhand Technical University. The Institute follows the syllabus and course structure constituted by UTU. The university shall conduct all end of term examinations and also award degree to successful candidates.
Diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharm.) course at Department of Pharmacy Amrapali group of institutions is affiliated to the Board of Technical Education, Uttarakhand, . The Institute follows the syllabus and course structure constituted by BTE. The Board shall conduct all ends of term examinations and also award certificates to successful candidates.
MERITS OF JOINING AIPS
- Located in Uttarakand where more than 500 pharmaceutical units engaged primarily in manufacturing, majorly located in Rudrapur sidcul , Selaquoi, Haridwar and Udham Singh Nagar.
- Experienced and vibrant full-time faculty
- On hand training for dispensing and manufacturing of pharmaceuticals.
- Regular interaction with community pharmacy and industrial pharmacy experts
- Guidance and counseling from faculty members
- Placement focus in Pharmaceutical industries, Hospitals, Retail Pharmacy in various government departments like Defense, Railways etc.